Google+ Nine Red: How To: Mason Jar Chandelier Tutorial

Friday, October 19, 2012

How To: Mason Jar Chandelier Tutorial

Today I have to go to IKEA, that's both good & bad. Good, because hello - it's IKEA! Bad, because it's an hour and a half away and I'm choosing to go through commute traffic.  It will be worth it, I'll just listen to a few episodes of This American Life and be surrounded in Swedish furniture before I know it.  I need to go figure out some lighting solutions, which is by far one of my favorite departments in IKEA.  So on that note, I thought I'd share this really inspiring tutorial I spied a few months back from Kara Paslay's Blog:
I love it! They did such a great job on this. I've seen quite a few mason jar lights, but mostly singles or in groups of 3-4. This chandelier takes it to a whole new level! Here's the link to her blog for the full tutorial, and be sure to read through it completely if you want to make one, she has some great tips for making sure your ceiling fixture can support all this weight.  Mason jars are heavy!

I think you could do a lot of different things with this too.  Remember the post a while back on making tinted mason jars? (Click here for DIY tinted mason jars tutorial)
That would be fun! Or how about taking some inspiration from this Edison Chandelier:
Photo Source
I love the way they spread them out.  You could easily do this with the mason jar chandelier, just be sure to make your cords longer while making it.  I do love the bare bulb look though, especially with a lot of the vintage style lights bulbs you can easily get now, like the ones I used in my Ghost Lamps.  Which, by the way, made excellent patio lighting last summer! 

One last thing before I make my trek to IKEA, check out that reclaimed wood art on the wall there! I love that.  What a great use for old wood and leftover paint, pulls all the colors of that room together really nicely.  So, what's in store for you this weekend?  Enjoy it!

Let's keep in touch: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Email

Post a Comment

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yay! Yea, it's a pretty neat tutorial, they did a great job! I'm back from IKEA... that place is exhausting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic