Google+ Nine Red: Retro Avocado

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Retro Avocado

I just finished up another string art name plaque, but this one is a little different.  At the request of the new owner, she asked for the color "Retro Avocado" by Behr. I've never seen this color, and I loved it! I think it came out great.  Plus, I did something a little new and different this time, I edged each letter in a darker string. What do you think?
I'm getting quite the collection of custom orders completed, and I'm about to embark on another four (holy cow!) as soon as we get back from vacation.   Very exciting!  Here's the group:

I don't think I've mentioned it yet that we are going to Kauai in 2 days! I'm so excited.  It all worked out really well, it went from being a trip of just Ralph and I, to having a few of our friends come and go throughout our stay.  We are staying in a two story condo right on the beach!  I haven't been to Kauai yet, but here's a picture I found of a patio view of where we'll stay ( I had to make a paint chip, of course!):

I can't wait! I haven't been to Hawaii in about 5 years, and since we just got some cold weather here in Santa Cruz, the timing couldn't be better.  Oh..... I'm also turning 30!

We'll be gone from Friday Sept 7th, to Sunday Sept. 16th.  I should have some robot posts set up for inbetween, with things I've meant to share with you all.  If you want to see what I'm up to while I'm IN Kauai, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. 

Cheers!

-J

Post a Comment

1 comment:

  1. I love the string signs, what a great idea, I might try this for my own sign for my garage.Any tips, it is probably harder than I think it is going to be lol.
    Your trip sounds amazing, I have never seen Hawaii but definetly on my bucket list. have a great time.hugs Tobey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic