Google+ Nine Red: Spotlight: Modular OSB Furniture

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Spotlight: Modular OSB Furniture

I recently came across these amazing modern shelves from the Etsy seller Modosb.  Aren't they great? Stackable, modular, totally customizable.  I love their simplicity. The colors he chose for the stains are great, very fun combinations.  I can totally see a future living room of mine having a major colorful book case from this shop.  There are some tansu style as well, which I've always been a fan of.  I've seen this type of wood used before, and assumed it was plywood.  Though when I went to find the plywood at the hardware store, it never looked quite the same.  Today, I learned that it is actually oriented strand board, and I love it!  Here's a quote from his shop that explains the wood much better than I can:
"Oriented Strand Board OSB is a modern engineered product that is designed as a replacement for traditional plywood in the building industry. It has been created to make strong and light panels. It is more eco-friendly than traditional plywood."
If you look at that dresser on the bottom right, you can really see the details in this unique wood. Very different from traditional wood grain, and affordable. Bonus! Hop over to Brian's Etsy shop and browse around.  I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!

Post a Comment

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a fantastic blog. Where else could anyone get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently working on, and I have been on the lookout for such information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I would've never thought to switch out the legs for bun feet. furniture pune

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic