Google+ Nine Red: Candle Stands

Friday, March 19, 2010

Candle Stands

Here is phase one, or possibly all, of the wooden candle holder project. Here they are in their "natural" state.
My sister Denise gave me this awesome paint color, "Cozumel" or something, and I love it. In fact, it may go in my kitchen someday. Off topic - I thought it to be the perfect color for the candle holders. Some sandpaper and a few coats later, here's what we have:
I'm not sure what to do next. I may seal them as is. But I thought of rubbing in some color (dark blue or black) and wiping off, just to catch the nooks and cracks... or sanding OFF some teal to reveal the original, shabby style. Perhaps I'll have to do one of each style... any input? I need it! Feel free to comment. I LOVE that color!

Post a Comment

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Just love how the color unifies the collection.
    I just finished giving a 70's molded butterfly and a pair of old world plaques a nice rich coat of paint too. Goes from dodgy to designer instantly. Nice color choice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic